We accept all genres of short films.
We only award the best independent filmmakers after a comprehensive evaluation process. Our evaluation includes the critique on five categories: acting, directing, editing, script, sound, and cinematography. For each category, our jury gives a letter grade from one of the following:
A – Excellent (9-10 points)
B – Good (7-8 points)
C – Satisfactory (5-6 points)
D – Weak (3-4 points)
E – Weak (1-2 points)
Then average of all categories are calculated. The best of A and B grades are considered for official selection of each category. The selection is listed on our website and all selected films are considered for following awards.
– Best Short Film
– Best Documentary
– Best Animation Film
– Best Director
– Best Actor
– Best Actress
– Best Editing
– Best Cinematography
– Best Screenplay
For each award, five nominees and one winner is selected.
At the end of year, the bests of each season are selected for live screening. Next yearly organization will take place on 7-9 September, 2017 in Lausanne.
RULES & TERMS:
– All films must have been made in or after 2012.
– Fiction entries must be shorter than 60 minutes.
– Documentaries must be shorter than 60 minutes.
– Entries must be in English or subtitled/dubbed in English.
– Works in progress are accepted.
– Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker.
– Entree fees are non-refundable.
– There is no premiere requirement.
– Once you submit your film, you agree that we can use your film data confidentially in order to develop our services.